The VNAB aims to have a comprehensive solution in place to maintain a permanent level of professional competence. This comprehensive solution is designed in the form of a professional competence tool enabling employees to keep their knowledge permanently up-to-date, but also maintain their level of professional competence beyond the statutory requirements.
As of 1 January 2014 customer service employees are required to have up-to-date knowledge of their field. As this requirement is a non-defined standard, companies are free to decide how they keep their staff permanently up-to-date. The AFM outline stipulates that the objective of the relevant policy of a company must be that:
- The customer service employee is permanently informed of the latest developments and
- The customer service employee is able to apply the latest developments.
The implementation of the permanently up-to-date professional competence standard must at least meet these criteria.
VNAB professional competence tool
The VNAB has developed a professional competence tool which makes it easier for professionals in the corporate insurance market to maintain a permanent level of professional competence. This comprehensive solution features the following advantages:
- User-friendly tool for the entire market
- Insurance class-specific topical issues
- Permanent updating
- Lunch & Learn @VNAB
- Various training methods including Lunch & Learn @VNAB
- Supply of topical articles in association with various VNAB knowledge partners
- Central registration of all knowledge-related activities including in-company and VNAB events
- Registration of skills/acquired competencies according to EVC [Erkenning van Verworven Competenties] (Recognition of Acquired Competencies).